Allentown, PA, USA
- Full time, permanent position
- Occasional Travel
Surface Measurement Systems (SMS) is a technological market-leading manufacturer of advanced scientific instruments for solids characterization.
This position in our North American office will be responsible for supporting the Global Marketing Team in delivering multi-channel marketing plans. This will involve close coordination with a Marketing Team Leader and Business Development Manager to enact marketing strategies in support of key sales & support initiatives for the global business, including email, social media, marketing collateral design, website management, event support, CRM management, and more. Delivering Lead Generation and prospecting initiatives will also be central to the position, working with a larger team of marketers and salespeople.
Supporting the regional marketing efforts of the North American office, a key region for the business, you will be liaising with local team members, responding to customer requests, carrying our prep for live and virtual events, and delivering on the marketing strategies focussed in this region.
The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B marketing with multi-channel campaigns, with great attention to detail, strong design experience, and a strong ability to work independently and work progressively on several projects concurrently.
Responsibilities will include the following listed below, with other possible duties being assigned depending on the needs of the business:
- Follow & Execute marketing plans on schedule
- Developing social media plans and scheduling posts, driving specific campaigns and reporting.
- Assist in Lead generation for the company, working with Sales Teams to identify key target markets, companies, and regions, and researching channels to reach them through marketing
- Prospect online to find emails/information on key individuals for the sales team to contact
- Help promote, deliver and host educational webinar, workshop, and seminar program, with a focus on those taking place in American Timezones
- Respond to artwork requests, including the creation of social media artwork, flyers, brochures, banners, and email artwork
- Respond to customer requests and track accordingly
- Make amends to the website, including the rollout of new pages, making back end edits, meta-tagging, and implementing Search Engine Optimization.
- Compile raw video footage into useable video promos to be used in marketing campaigns, webinars, and training
- Coordinate US office marketing efforts, including managing marketing stock levels, liaising with the sales team, arranging participation in events, and more.
- Assist in managing CRM to ensure automated workflow to departments is functioning
- Design and dispatch emails and newsletters according to marketing schedule
- Support event planning and delivering on marketing aspects of participation.
- Work with CRM to ensure the database is maintained, events are kept up to date, and workflows (requests for quotes and support) are running properly
- Assist in promoting, running, and hosting virtual webinar program
- Assist in planning, promoting, and running virtual/physical conference/networking event
The position of Marketing Associate requires an experienced a broad range of technical capabilities, including, but not limited to:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in email design & automation, and social media marketing
- Strong experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and premier pro
- Good creative design and editing skills
- Lead generation and prospecting
- Data segmentation
- CRM experience
- Ability to understand scientific terminology/text, and translate into marketing/sales copy
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in website management
- Careful attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Good copywriting skills
- Experience in running physical or digital events (preferred)
- Experienced in B2B business promoting capital equipment (preferred)
- Experience in working with technical engineering or scientific products (preferred)
Degree level qualifications in marketing or business studies. Applicants with significant relevant experience who do not have degree qualifications will also be considered
- Surface Measurement Systems Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community including overseas nationals
How to Apply:
Closing date for applicants: 10th February 2021