Dual Vapor Gravimetric Sorption Analyzer
The world’s most advanced DVS Instrument, DVS Resolution is a dual vapor gravimetric analyser, with key feature, is the combined ability to precisely control and measure temperature and relative humidity while recording the highest resolution changes in mass. DVS Resolution uses a dry carrier gas typically nitrogen or compressed air for its operation. Digital mass flow controllers regulate flows of dry and saturated gases.
Relative humidity is generated by precisely mixing dry and saturated gas flows in desired flow ratios which produce expected relative humidity. In a typical experiment a known concentration of water vapor is delivered over a sample placed inside the sample pan connected to the Surface Measurement Systems UltraBalance™ measuring realtime mass changes caused by sorption or desorption of water molecules. Prior to sorption measurements, the sample can be in-situ preheated/dried at temperatures of up to 200 oC.
Additionally, the sample chamber and water vapor generation are at thermal equilibrium in a single temperature enclosure allowing for operation over the entire temperature range (5-85°C) without risk of condensation.
|Request a Quote|
Long Term Temperature Stability
- Vapor generation and delivery at sample temperature
- Typical stability at 25 °C is ±0.2 °C
- Prevents condensation issues found in instruments with multiple temperature zones
- Allows for accurate and stable humidity delivery
- Highest level of humidity precision in any instrument we’ve ever produced
Balance Baseline Stability over 24 hours
- Mass changes at a resolution of 0.1 μg
- Root mean square noise of ≤ 0.3 μg
- Ultrabalance Low Mass
Maximum load: 1000 mg
Mass change: ±150 mg
Resolution: 0.01 μg
Balance noise: ≤ 0.3 μg
- Ultrabalance High Mass
Maximum load: 5000 mg
Mass change: ±1000 mg
Resolution: 0.1 μg
Balance noise: ≤ 3 μg
- Only DVS instrument offering True0 RH
- Achieve partial pressures of water as low as 0.0% RH
- Study of hydrates and other compounds only completely dry below 1% RH
- Allows investigation of sorption/desorption at low RH levels
|Key measuring capabilities:|
|Key hardware benefits:|
Optional Microscopy and Video
High Temperature Preheater for Drying, Curing and Vapor Generation at Elevated Temperatures
For more information, email [email protected].