Contact Us | EN | JP
DVS Adventure Brochure digital version
DVS Adventure Brochure print version
DVS Adventure Introductory offer – Free camera or software (A5 flyer) Closing date: 31st December 2016
DVS Adventure Outstanding Performance (A5 flyer)
Product Image (JPG)
DVS Adventure Overview Presentation
DVS Adventure 1 Quotation Template v 1.0 (Updated 08 July 2016)
DVS Adventure 2_Quotation Template v 1.0 (Updated 08 July 2016)
DVS Adventure Internal Order Form v 1.0 (Updated 05 July 2016)
DVS Adventure Pre Installation Specifications Form (Released on 12 July 2016)
DVS Resolution Brochure v1.0 November 2016
DVS Application Notes
iGC-SEA Application Notes
Surface Measurement Systems Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0) 208 795 9400
Surface Measurement Systems North America
Tel: +1 610 798 8299
SMS Instruments Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Tel: +91 742 004 8972
Mijndert van der Spek is an Associate Professor at Heriot-Watt University with a track record in process design and optimization of CO2 capture, utilisation, and storage, and direct air capture technologies and systems, using process simulation, techno-economic assessment and advanced uncertainty analysis to inform decision making on the feasibility of technologies and processes. Mijndert has a keen interest in adsorption-based CO2 capture, notably from the air. He is the principal or co-investigator on several UK and EU funded research projects, the vice-chair of the EU networking Action TrANsMIT, Associate Editor for the journal Frontiers in Climate and member of the IEAGHG Cost Network where he led activities on new guidelines for technoeconomic assessment.
Ahmed is a Senior Lecturer of Thermal-Fluid Sciences in Mechanical Engineering and Principal Investigator of the Energy and Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) and Materials Research (AIMR) groups at Aston University. His PhD in adsorption cooling systems was awarded in December 2012. He has extensive first-hand research experience in thermal systems modelling and optimisation. He developed several adsorption systems modelling approaches, which other researchers have widely adopted. Ahmed published several impactful journal papers. His current research areas encompass the development of advanced sorption composites for sorption heat storage, cooling and water desalination applications. According to the google scholar metric, Ahmed’s research has an h-Index of 13 and a citation score of 832, the majority about sorption technology for the previously mentioned applications.
Ahmed was involved in other research activities, including engine and powertrain modelling and optimisation; turbomachinery 3D Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modelling. He also is the director of the MSc Future Vehicle Technologies course at Aston University.
Information regarding the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) »»
We will only contact you via telephone for processing payment or very important matters regarding your registration.
If you are viewing this from United States of America, please click here.
The term Surface Measurement Systems or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the organisation collecting data and the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road, Alperton, London, HA0 4PE. Our company registration number is 2448058. The term ‘you’ refers to the individuals whom we collect data from or the user/viewer of our website.
Surface Measurement Systems is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Surface Measurement Systems may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Should we need to make changes, we will inform you of the change that has been made.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including business email address or personal email address (if and only supplied by you)
• demographic information such as professional affiliation, business address, post code, business telephone numbers, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send emails about scientific publications, new products and application notes and case studies, scientific events or other information which we think you may find interesting and according to your preference using the email address which you have provided.
• If you are a customer, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for customer satisfaction survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• The information is stored in a centralised system in our headquarter in United Kingdom and only authorised personnel has access to it, this is controlled and managed through a CRM system also hosted in United Kingdom.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate your preference
• if you have previously agreed to us to use your personal information for communication, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to the postal address provided earlier.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by EU. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected] or Surface Measurement Systems Ltd. Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road, Alperton, London, HA0 4PE, United Kingdom. Please allow us within one (1) month from date of receipt to provide the information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies and web analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at the Google Analytics Terms of Service or at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure anonymized collection of IP addresses (IP masking).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Browsing the websites
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. We recommend that you take further advice or seek further guidance before taking any action based on the information contained on this website.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• All materials contained in this website are protected by intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, and either belongs to us or is licensed to us to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as other content such as articles, stories, specifications, guidance notes, details of our products, regulatory information, company profiles and other text.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
• We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use. We do not guarantee that this website will be available all the time or at any specific time. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify this website at any time.
• We are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by us. We are not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms and conditions, for example if you and we could not have contemplated those losses before or when you access this website. Our liability to you shall not in any circumstances include any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Last updated, 18 May 2018.
If you are viewing this from Europe, please click here.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Work address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
• We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
• We only provide articles and information.
• We use regular Malware Scanning.
• All information are kept in our head quarter in United Kingdom and only authorized persons have accessed to it.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
In addition, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
• We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
• We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Send you white paper or invite you to join scientific events
• Contact our customers for satisfaction survey in order to improve our services with them.
The communication to our customers may continue after the original transaction has occurred for the above purposes. Nevertheless, you can opt-out to any of these informations at any time by informing us.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] or write to the address provided below, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence upon receipt of the request.
Surface Measurement Systems NA
2125 28th Street SW, Suite 1, Allentown, PA 18103
Last Edited on April 27, 2018
To explore the latest news and research in sorption science, subscribe to Surface Measurement Systems’ Newsletter.
—Please choose an option—Assistant ProfessorAssociate ProfessorProfessorScientistSenior ScientistPrincipal ScientistManagerDirectorVice PresidentPresidentCEOCSOExecutivePhD/StudentResearcher/Research FellowLecturerEngineerSales & MarketingMedia
States (please click Na if not applicable)
—Please choose an option—NaALAKAZARCACOCTDEDCFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNYNCNDOHOKORPARISCSDTNTXUTVAWAWVWIWY
—Please choose an option—ArubaAfghanistanAngolaAlbaniaAndorraUnited Arab EmiratesArgentinaArmeniaAmerican SamoaAntigua and BarbudaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBurundiBelgiumBeninBurkina FasoBangladeshBulgariaBahrainBahamasBosnia and HerzegovinaBelarusBelizeBermudaBolivia, Plurinational State ofBrazilBarbadosBrunei DarussalamBhutanBotswanaCentral African RepublicCanadaSwitzerlandChileChinaCôte d’IvoireCameroonCongo, the Democratic Republic of theCongoCook IslandsColombiaComorosCape VerdeCosta RicaCubaCayman IslandsCyprusCzech RepublicGermanyDjiboutiDominicaDenmarkDominican RepublicAlgeriaEcuadorEgyptEritreaSpainEstoniaEthiopiaFinlandFijiFranceMicronesia, Federated States ofGabonGeorgiaGhanaGuineaGambiaGuinea-BissauEquatorial GuineaGreeceGrenadaGuatemalaGuamGuyanaHong KongHondurasCroatiaHaitiHungaryIndonesiaIndiaIrelandIran, Islamic Republic ofIraqIcelandIsraelItalyJamaicaJordanJapanKazakhstanKenyaKyrgyzstanCambodiaKiribatiSaint Kitts and NevisKorea, Republic ofKuwaitLao People’s Democratic RepublicLebanonLiberiaLibyaSaint LuciaLiechtensteinSri LankaLesothoLithuaniaLuxembourgLatviaMoroccoMonacoMoldova, Republic ofMadagascarMaldivesMexicoMarshall IslandsMacedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic ofMaliMaltaMyanmarMontenegroMongoliaMozambiqueMauritaniaMauritiusMalawiMalaysiaNamibiaNigerNigeriaNicaraguaNetherlandsNorwayNepalNauruNew ZealandOmanPakistanPanamaPeruPhilippinesPalauPapua New GuineaPolandPuerto RicoKorea, Democratic People’s Republic ofPortugalParaguayPalestine, State ofQatarRomaniaRussian FederationRwandaSaudi ArabiaSudanSenegalSingaporeSolomon IslandsSierra LeoneEl SalvadorSan MarinoSomaliaSerbiaSao Tome and PrincipeSurinameSlovakiaSloveniaSwedenSwazilandSeychellesSyrian Arab RepublicChadTogoThailandTajikistanTurkmenistanTimor-LesteTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTuvaluTaiwan, Province of ChinaTanzania, United Republic ofUgandaUkraineUruguayUnited KingdomUnited StatesUzbekistanSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesVenezuela, Bolivarian Republic ofVirgin Islands, U.S.VietnamVanuatuSamoaYemenSouth AfricaZambiaZimbabwe
Select Your Industry of Interest
Choose your Industry of InterestAgricultureArt ConservationAutomotive & Aero// Automotive & AerospaceBiomaterialsBuilding MaterialsCatalysis & Chemical//EngineeringCoating & FilmsCompositesContract LaboratoryEnergyEnvironmentalFiltrationFlavor - FragranceFoodMineralsNanomaterialsPersonal CarePharmaceuticalPolymersPorous MaterialsSurface Science
Please help us share news according to your interest:
Free workshops, trainings, webinars and scientific events regarding the latest developments in sorption scienceApplication notes, white papers and case studies on dynamic vapour sorption and inverse gas chromatographyLatest news, product information and sorption science bulletins with peer-reviewed articles on chromatographic and gravimetric sorption methodsFor customer, we may periodically contact you to evaluate your satisfaction via questionnaire for the products and services you get from us
Where did you hear about us?
—Please choose an option—SMS WorkshopWebsiteReferralTwitterLinkedinYouTubeAzoM website/newsletterThird party websiteSearch engineConference
If your answer is conference, please indicate what conference
By signing-up to our newsletter, you agree to receive information about our application notes, scientific bulletin, events & updates. You can opt out of receiving emails at any time.
Terms and conditions
The term Surface Measurement Systems or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road, Alperton, London, HA0 4PE. Our company registration number is 2448058. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Personal Cheque with Bankers Card, all major Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. Cash is only acceptable for on-site payment.
Our Terms are payment in full within thirty days. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full. Monies that remains outstanding by the due date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 2% above the prevailing Bank of England’s base rate on the outstanding balance until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
Returned cheques will incur a £25 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future cash transactions only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
The measurement of water activity (Aw) is a very important metric in the food industry. It is used by food manufacturers and government agencies to evaluate the quality of food ingredients and to predict a product’s potential shelf life. The most widely used method to determine Aw is the measurement of water vapour pressure emanating from a food material enclosed in a sealed chamber. This application note demonstrates a possible alternative to the traditional method employed by industry and describes advantages that may be gained by this new procedure.
To continue reading download the full application note using the form below.
Biomass, such as wheat straw is an abundant and inexpensive natural biopolymer rich in cellulose and hemicellulose  which can be converted into bio-fuel. The bio-fuel has been attracting attention due to the future potential shortages of fossil fuel [2,3]. One of the crucial steps of producing bio-ethanol from wheat straw is its pre-treatment which should facilitate the economic feasibility and yield efficient conversion into biofuel. This pre-treatment is expected to increase the accessible chemical sites of the straw to increase convertibility in subsequent hydrolysis and fermentation steps. Dynamic Vapour Sorption (DVS)  and UV were used to assess the wheat straw pre-treatment and sugar yield, respectively.
Raman spectroscopy is a widely used physical characterization technique used in the pharmaceutical industry. The combination of Raman spectroscopy and Dynamic Vapour Sorption (DVS) allows for a more complete understanding of vapour-solid interactions for pharmaceutical materials as it relates to structural properties. This paper overviews the DVS-Raman capabilities and gives several examples.
DVS is now established as a useful analytical tool in many R&D laboratories throughout the world. This application note describes the integration of DVS with a colour video microscope for the in-situ visualisation of moisture induced morphological transformations, which may be correlated with the gravimetric data.
—Please choose an option—Assistant ProfessorAssociate ProfessorProfessorScientistSenior ScientistPrincipal ScientistManagerDirectorVice PresidentPresidentCEOCSOExecutiveStudentResearch FellowOther
AgricultureArt ConservationAutomotive & AerospaceBiomaterialsBuilding MaterialsCatalysis & Chemical EngineeringCoating & FilmsCompositesContract LaboratoryEnergyEnvironmentalFiltrationFlavor - FragranceFoodMineralsNanomaterialsPersonal CarePharmaceuticalPolymersPorous MaterialsSurface Science
—Please choose an option—NewsletterSMS WorkshopWebsiteReferralTwitterLinkedinYouTubeAzoM website/newsletterThird party websiteSearch engineConference
By requesting application notes, you agreed that Surface Measurement Systems may contact you or our Channel partners in your country regarding your request including information about products, services, events and content relevant to your request. You may opt out anytime.
Validation of humidity generation and measurement in gravimetric vapour sorption instrumentation is an important issue for the pharmaceutical and related industries. This application note sets out a standard DVS method for validation of relative humidity data using saturated salt solutions.
This application note gives a brief description of the technique, the instrument and some examples of its
application within pharmaceutical physico-chemical analysis.
The surface properties of powders and fibres are important parameters in the handling and performance of a wide range of solid materials. iGC SEA has been specifically designed to address many of the issues faced by physical properties researchers, including fully automated operation and the ability to measure samples in a controlled humidity environment. This Application note gives a brief description of the technique, the instrument and some examples of its application to a range of polymeric materials analysis problems.
Dynamic Vapour Sorption (DVS) has long been used for investigating the interaction of water and organic vapours with solid materials. The versatility and impact of DVS has particular importance in the study of building materials. This overview application note summarises several examples of using DVS to study cements, wood, insulation, and other building materials.
Where do you hear about us?
The Dynamic Vapour Sorption(DVS) provides potential benefit over the COST 90 procedure. This application note compares DVS Results to COST 90 procedure.
In the present paper dispersive surface energies and specific free energies have been calculated for different modified E-glass fibre surfaces. Both different sizing and different polymer coatings have been investigated to consider changes in the surface chemistry and surface energy during different fibre treatments.
Finite concentration IGC SEA is a useful tool for the investigation of surface and pore properties. A novel combination of finite concentration IGC SEA and thermal desorption provides the possibility to separate micropore adsorption from surface and mesopore adsorption. This allows the calculation of BET values with physical relevance for highly microporous materials and the consideration of molecular sieve effects.
The glass transition temperature Tg is an important property for the characterisation of polymeric, food, pharmaceutical and many natural products. iGC SEA can provide a fast and accurate determination of this property as well as its dependence on relative humidity. This paper describes the characterisation of maltose with decane at infinite dilution.
The surface energy is a useful parameter describing the energetic properties of the surface of a solid sample. It can be determined in a fast and accurate way by IGC SEA. This paper describes the measurement of the dispersive component of the surface energy of Paracetamol.
Assistant ProfessorAssociate ProfessorProfessorScientistSenior ScientistPrincipal ScientistManagerDirectorVice PresidentPresidentCEOCSOExecutiveStudentResearch FellowOther
—Please choose an option—AgricultureArt ConservationAutomotive & AerospaceBiomaterialsBuilding MaterialsCatalysis & Chemical EngineeringCoating & FilmsCompositesContract LaboratoryEnergyEnvironmentalFiltrationFlavor - FragranceFoodMineralsNanomaterialsPersonal CarePharmaceuticalPolymersPorous MaterialsSurface Science
Reason For Download (required)
EducationGeneral ResearchIndustry ResearchInterest in SMSProduct Research
App 42App 45App 101