Water Vapor Sorption Analyzer
The DVS Adventure is an advanced water vapor sorption analyzer that enables unparalleled accuracy and detailed insight into the sorption properties of solid-state materials.
Employing the Dynamic Vapor Sorption Method, the DVS Adventure contains the cumulative knowledge of 25 years’ worth of Surface Measurement Systems’ excellence in vapor generation, measuring sorption and desorption isotherms over a broad range of humidities and temperatures.
Offering unprecedented temperature stability and humidity performance, the DVS Adventure provides valuable information about your sample’s interactions with water vapor that are critical to the development of new products and processes. Whether trying to determine storage needs, stability, processing, or application performance, the DVS Adventure is used across a range of industries to understand the properties of raw materials.
Water Vapor Sorption Analyzer
See the DVS Adventure in action, and discover what makes it one of the most used sorption instruments in the world.
Your new go-to sorption resource
With a range of tools to help your sorption research, the Sorption Hub should be your first stop when you need scientific or technical guidance.
The Sorption Academy
As well as our full catalogue of webinars, application/technical notes, & case studies, the Sorption Academy offers a range of useful educational courses that demonstrate how to use & maintain our instruments, best practices for your experiements, and more.
The Sorption Helpdesk
Should you ever need to take advantage of Surface Measurement Systems’ unparalleled expertise in sorption science, require technical assistance, or have an issue with your instrument, the Sorption Helpdesk provides a simple way to submit trackable tickets directly to our Support team.
The Sorption Store…Coming Soon
Coming soon to the Sorption Hub, the Sorption Store will let you restock your experiment consumables & purchase new accessories for your instrument in a simple online eShop, keeping your experiments running & expanding your research capabilities.
Key measuring capabilities:
- Water sorption and desorption isotherms
- In-situ sample drying to 200 ºC
- Multiple sorption/desorption and sample drying cycles
- Sample masses from 1mg to 5000mg
- Diffusion and permeability measurements
Key hardware benefits:
- Open stand design enabling easy access to sample pan
- Stainless steel stand to minimize static electrical charging
- Wide operational temperature range (5-85 ºC) and uniform temperature enclosure
- Next-generation control and evaluation software for the most advanced experimental design and data analysis
- Capability to upgrade to organic vapors and gasses
- Optional IR, Raman, and Video imaging
- Moisture sorption with very low uptake
- Moisture sorption kinetics and Isotherms
- Diffusion coefficients
- Hydration and dehydration studies
- Moisture diffusion into electronic pastes
- Determination of Amorphous Content
- Humidity-induced phase transitions
- DVS Video Imaging – Phase Changes
Temperature (Temperature-controlled enclosure)
- Control range: 5 – 85 °C
- Control precision: ±0.1 °C (from 5 – 60 ºC, 60 – 85 °C ±0.2 °C)
- Enclosure also provides anti-condensation protection
High-temperature preheater for sample curing/drying/preconditioning
- Delivers local sample temperatures of up to 200 °C
- Heating ramp rates: up to 5 °C / min
- Sensors: Pt-100 thermocouple type K
Ultrabalance Low Mass
- Maximum load: 1000 mg
- Mass change: ±150 mg
- Resolution: 0.01 μg
- Balance noise: ≤ 0.3 μg
Ultrabalance High Mass
- Maximum load: 5000 mg
- Mass change: ±1000 mg
- Resolution: 0.1 μg
- Balance noise: ≤ 3 μg
- Manifold: stainless steel
- Seals: Viton
- Tubing: 1/4 inch stainless steel
Relative humidity generation and measurement
- High accuracy digital mass flow controllers for delivering gases with humidity control of less than ±0.1%RH
- Relative humidity sensor with measurement precision of ±0.1%RH
- Relative humidity range generated from 0 to 98% (dependent on temperature)
Range: 5 to 60oC – 0 to 98% RH, 60 to 85oC – 0 to 85% RH
Accuracy*: 5 to 60oC ± 0.5% RH, 60 to 85oC ± 1% RH*
*Optional configuration (heated reservoir) for long-term 85oC, 85% RH operation.
Computer hardware and software
The system is fully automated and controlled by purpose-built software. Data can be analyzed in real-time using analysis software.
1.1 DVS control software
- Multiple-method protocols incorporating sample pre-heating and temperature changes during an experiment
- Ramp or step changes in relative humidity
- Humidity or temperature stages may be based on fixed-time or user-defined dm/dt criteria
- Isotherm and isoactivity experiments
- Experiments may include half, full or multiple partial pressure, or temperature cycles
- Create sequences that allow multiple experiments to be executed one after another
- Simple data export and analysis can be performed without interruption of experiments
- Network data backup functionality is also included
1.2 DVS data analysis suite
- Plot manager
- Isotherm manager
- Permeability and diffusion
- Kinetics information
- Heat of sorption
- Tg determinations
- Amorphous content
Find out more about the DVS Adventure
The DVS Adventure is a versatile, reliable, and highly accurate precision sorption instrument. To find out more details about its capabilities, or to place a request for a tailored quote, simply fill in your details below.